Within the events module, you are able to send two different types of emails to members, contacts and registrants, namely Invitations and Emails.
Sending an Email
- From the dashboard, click on the Engagement or the clock icon on the left.
- Click Events.
- Click Manage on the event you would like to send an email for.
- Click on the Email tab. You will see two buttons: New Invitation or New Email.
- New Invitation - Allows you to send an email to invite members and contacts to register for the event.
- New Email - Allows you to send targeted emails to registrants and attendees, based on options such tickets and products purchased, registration questions answered, etc.
Once you are on the Compose Email screen, follow the steps below to create your email:
Step 1 - Select the Recipients Who Will Receive the Email
- + Icon - Expands the group of recipients to allow you to select from the different lists.
- Expand - Displays the recipients in the list, this way a single recipient or more can be selected.
Step 2 - Email Content
- Subject - Enter the email's subject.
- Select Template - A drop down box that lets you select which template you would like to use.
- System - Displays the prebuilt MemberNova templates.
- Custom - Displays templates which were created by the Organization.
- Insert Mail Merge Fields - Allows you to insert mail merge fields into the message area.
- Message Editor - The content of the email.
Step 3 - Attach Files
- Attach files to emails in order to share more information with recipients.
Step 4 - Copy Me On This Email
- Copy me on this email - Sends a copy of the email to your primary email address.
Step 5 - Send Options
- Send right now - This sends the email right away.
- Schedule - This allows you to schedule a later date and time to send the email.
- You now can click one of three buttons:
- Save as Draft - This saves the whole email as a draft for later use.
- Send to Myself - This sends the email as a test to yourself.
- Send - This sends the email to the recipients.