Using the Import functionality allows you to add or update multiple records at a time. Follow the steps below on how to import members.
1. From the Dashboard, click Home or the house icon on the left.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Import Data.
4. You will see a list of past imports. Click Import.
6. Please enter the information into the fields on the page to upload the data:
- Entity Type - Where the data will be imported into.
- Parent Field - This only displays if the selected Entity Type is a child of a parent. Select the field which specifies what parent this child belongs to.
- File to import - Select the CSV file to upload.
- Encoding - The type of encoding used in the CSV file. (Default recommend)
- File Description - The description of the import file.
7. Section 1 displays a sample of the imported data for you to review.
8. Section 2 allows you to map the fields of the imported data to the fields in the Entity.
Note: You can click the X on the field mapping to remove the field if it is not needed.
9. Click Next to import the file.
10. The Import Data page will display again, but with a progress bar on the right to show the progress of the import. To see the updated progress, please refresh the page.
11. Once done, you can review the data imported.