Near the top of on all pages on the website, there is a menu bar. This helps visitors navigate around your website.
How to change the menu
1. While editing the homepage or a custom page, click on the Menu or Edit Navigation link.
2. The page displayed provides several choices:
- Add New Menu Item (button) - This allows you to create a new menu item.
- Add Menu Item - This creates a new menu item in the folder a link.
- View - This opens a new window to the the link in the menu item.
- Edit - This allows you to change the menu item.
- Delete - This removes the menu item or folder.
3. Once done, you could click on two button near the top:
- Preview - This provides a preview of the menu on the homepage.
- Publish Menu - This makes the changes go live.
Add New Menu Item
1. After clicking Add New Menu Item (Button) or Add Menu Item you will see several fields
- Menu Title - The name of the menu item. This will be displayed on your menu on the website.
- Tool Tip (optional) - This text appears if the person hovers over top of the menu's title on the website.
Link type - This provides a list of different types of links which can be opened.
Built-in Page: Built-in pages are system created pages that update automatically. The options you can choose are:
- Home - The home page.
- Bulletin List - A web page with a list of bulletins.
- Contact Us - A web page which a visitor can email the website contact.
- Event Calendar - A web page which displays a calendar with events on it from Events.
- Events (Card View) - A web page which displays Events as thumbnails.
- Events List - A web page which displays a list of Events.
- Photo Albums - A web page that displays photo albums.
- Search - A web page where you can perform a search for content on the website.
- Stories - A web page that displays a list of Stories.
- Custom Page - This allows you to link to a custom page you have created in the past.
- Custom URL - Allows you to enter any URL or website address which will redirect visitors to that site. Be sure to include the https:// in front of the website address.
- Document - Allows you to select a file for download from the Documents area.
- Event - Displays a drop down list of Events which were created by the Organization.
- Folder - You can store additional sub-menus items in this folder.
- Forms - This allows you to select a form.
- Photo Album: This activates a drop down menu, in which you may select a link to a photo album to display on the homepage menu.
- Story - This allows you to select an existing story.
- Built-in Page: Built-in pages are system created pages that update automatically. The options you can choose are:
- Open in new window - When the user clicks on the link, it opens in a new tab or window. This is normally checked if the link is leaving the organization's website and going to a different one.
Link Style - Different display styles.
- Regular Link - The menu item looks like a normal link on the menu.
- Primary Button - Makes the menu item a button, which is colored as the primary color the theme. When hovered over, the button changes to white.
- Secondary Button - Makes the menu item a button, which is colored white with the secondary color of the theme as an out line. When hovered over, the button changes color to the primary color of the theme.
2. Click Save to save the changes or Cancel to cancel the changes.