Sending an email allows you to communicate with fellow members and contacts.
Sending an Email
1. From the Dashboard, click Communication or the Envelope icon on the left.
2. Click Emails in the menu.
3. Click the Compose New Message button.
4. After you click the button you will see a few steps:
Step 1 - Select the recipients who will receive the email.
- + Icon - Expands the group of recipients to allow you to select from the different lists.
- Expand - Displays the recipients in the list, this way a single recipient or more can be selected.
Step 2 - Enter the Subject, Templates, Merge fields, and the Email's content
- Subject - Enter the email's subject.
Select Template - A drop down box that lets you select which template you would like to use.
- System - Displays the prebuilt MemberNova templates.
- Custom - Displays templates which were created by the Organization.
- Insert Mail Merge Fields - Allows you to insert mail merge fields into the message area.
- Message Editor - The content of the email.
Step 4 - Allows you to select additional options.
- Send a list of recipients as an attachment - This adds a text file attachment to the email which contains a list of the recipients' names, so other recipients will know who else received the email.
- Copy me on this email - Sends a copy of the email to your primary email address.
Step 5 - Allows you to send the email
- Send right now - This sends the email right away.
- Schedule - This allows you to select a later time and date to send the email.
You now can click one of three buttons.
- Save as Draft - This saves the whole email as a draft for later use.
- Send to Myself - This sends the email as a test to yourself.
- Send - This send the email to the recipients.